Wednesday, December 22, 2010

150 What?

As part of my job, I try to get the local teens interested in reading. I've started a betting contest where they guess when I'll finish reading 150 (yes 150, it's not a typo) books from my teen section here at the library and the ten who picks the correct day I finish will get a free pizza. I started reading on December 1, 2010. Can I finish that many books before May? Who knows, cause I sure don't! As I read I'll be posting what I've read and what's coming up.

Here's what I've already read?
1) The Cardturner by Louis Sachar
2) A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn
3) Wildwing by Emily Whitman
4) Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
5) Fairest by Gail Carson Levine
6)Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

I don't have time to write full out reviews, you can assume that if I don't say anything at all then the books were good and totally wortha read. So far I've liked them all. Wildwing wasn't one of my favorites, I had trouble getting into it at the beginning and Mockingjay, the third and final book of the Hunger Games series wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, It was still good. I think its outshined by the previous volumes in the series though.

Here's what's next!
Audrey, Wait by Robin Benway
The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Fat Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
You Wish by Mandy Hubbard
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
and
The first five volumes of the BLEACH graphic novels written by Tite Kubowhich it has been decided (not by me) will, together, equal one book in my tally.
And now I have to go so Happy Holidays to everyone!

No comments: