Friday, February 13, 2009

Last Weekend was eventful!

     So Last weekend was the first weekend that I didn't have to go back to the Fort. You would think that after so many weekends of traveling, packing, moving, cleaning and storing that I would spend the weekend vegging out and doing homework. Is that what I did? No, I think not. Why would you ever think that I would do that?

No, First my best friend invites me to go to an all day SCA (that's Society for Creative Anachronism) event. OF course, me being me, I agree. Do I think about the fact that all of the costume stuff I have is packed up in storage back home? NO. So I arrive at her house at around 7:50  (I overslept).  Well, after telling her I have no costume she says "Don't worry. I've got something for you" which worries me because she's half my size and I never know what she's gonna pull out of her stuff. Then I find out that I, as well as her brother,  am driving because of a program that I've invited her to down at the Central Library that evening from 6-10pm. But that's ok. What's not OK, is getting the directions right before we leave and finding out 5min after that its in Greenfield, In which is 45 FREAKIN' minutes away. SDC10356

Well, here's what I ended up wearing. Thank God her brother had his wool cloak and let me borrow it because it was FREEZING!

 

Add into that, the fact that it was an archery related event and I'd never even seen an actual bow and arrow in person before and just imagine the possibilities. When I told my dad that they gave me a bow and arrow, his immediate response was "Isn't that dangerous?". Of course he meant for them, not me LOL.  Lets me tell you, I wasn't that bad. My 1st shot only missed by 1/2 a foot and I actually hit the target on my second try. It was exciting. I'm not really your jump up and down, squealing with excitement kind of girl but there was jumping and squealing.Here I am with my borrowed bow and arrow! SDC10359

 

 

 

 

And also with the best friend.

 

SDC10357

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Moving on with the day, we left and went to the Central Library in Indianapolis for their evening with the artists program. It was from 6 to 10:30pm.

 indianapolis Marion County Public Library - Central Library

This is the Central Library in Indianapolis.

There was a young artist there named Kiarra who drew a portrait of me. I think its just great!

She did it really quickly too! This is just what would fit on my scanner so some of the edges are missing from the pic.

 

portrait

 

Around 8pm we decided we were hungry, but we didn't want to move the car so we walked 10 really, really long blocks (each way) down near the circle in downtown Indy. The final decision to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings was well worth the walk. We took the time to see some of the awesome recycled tire art that is currently downtown.

SDC10375

SDC10376

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and some more cool pics from our walk!!!

 

SDC10371

SDC10370

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SDC10364SDC10363

No comments: