Wednesday, February 04, 2009

CRAP ON A CRACKER!!!

Ok, so I'm actually starting to understand this cataloging stuff. Well, maybe not understand, but  I'm getting it somewhat. Don't get me wrong, I'm still completely flummoxed but hey, ya gotta learn somewhere!

My current problem is notes. How do you know what to put in the notes field. I'm sitting with "AACR2" aka "the cataloging bible" aka "THE BIG ASS BOOK OF CATALOGING" (ok, I totally made that last one up. Of course it IS a big ass book. Actually it's a whole lot of pages in a 500sheet holding binder. It's also freakishly heavy. You can't even pick it up with one hand!

Not that that has anything to do with my current frustration. I'm sitting here with "THE GIANT BINDER OF DEATH" trying to figure out what  to put into the notes field for the book I'm trying to catalog. And let me tell you, even with the "THE TERMINATOR OF ALL BOOKS" sitting in my lap, and looking through it multiple times, I'm at a loss. I know what I'd like to put into the notes, but I'm just not sure how to do it.

Which leads me to the title of this post. I'm trying to stop cursing since one of my new roomies is only gonna be 2yrs old in a couple of months. The whole not cursing thing is not an option unless I find new things to say when I'm frustrated. My current favorite is "crap on a cracker/stick". It's all I've got. I really need more choices. but here it is again...Just insert me yelling if you know me "CRAP ON A FREAKIN' DRIED UP, CRUMBLY, MOLDY CRACKER!!!!!!!!!"

Gotta run! Still have to figure out this note thing!

 

PS! AACR2 is short for Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules, Second Edition

No comments: