Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What?



So I tried to leave my apartment yesterday morning. The operative word there being "tried". How about I get into the car, because I'm running late, put the car into reverse and hear a scraping sound, so before I get a foot, I've stopped, put it in park and turned off the car. I'm thinking, "what the hell?". SO I get out of the car, and what do I see? This is what I see.
The bolts from my wheel, half covered in leaves, and the my car missing an ENTIRE wheel. No tire, no rim just my car, leaned and sitting on the ground. I mean, where do I live? New York? LA? Chicago? Do I even Live in Gary? NO. I live in Fort Wayne. So I repeat myself "What the Hell?" So now on my meager paycheck, I have to replace the entire thing, renew license plates, pay the car payment and did I mention that just this past weekend I had to replace the catalytic converter? Oh yeah. That's right. Does the cosmos think I'm made of money? Do I have to get a 3rd job?
Someday, this will probably be a funny story that I tell people about. But right now, I'm just pissed and I plan to stay that way for a while at least.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Dude-- no way. I've done the crappy finding-out-I-have-a-flat thing, but that's ridiculous. Happy thoughts to you...

Genie said...

I am so sorry about your car. I have never had that happen to me, just flat tires. I hope things get better

Carly said...

That sucks. Are you driving around on the donut-sized spare?
You deserve something good from the cosmos, like a $100 bill from the sky!